Dear Students, parents and guardians
As part of phase 3 we are able to open up our driving lessons in car and in class again under the regulations and guidelines that are set out by our public health. We are so happy to be able to service you again. We at first class driving school are taking your health and safety and the health and safety of our instructors as the number one priority as always.
During COVID-19 our protocols have changes and are class sizes have changed to allow for safe return and lessons.
All students will be asked the following list of questions and if any symptoms are present the scheduled lesson will be cancelled until a 14 day quarantine period has passed or student can provide negative test result. All students are required to wear a mask.
Please visit https://covid-19.ontario.ca/index.html for COVID-19 information and a full list of symptoms at http://health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/coronavirus/docs/2019_reference_doc_symptoms.pdf
1. Have you tested positive for COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
2. Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms?
- New onset of cough
- Worsening chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Decrease of loss of senses (taste or smell)
- Unexplained fatigue. Mailasie, muscle aches (myalgias)
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or abdominal pain
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Runny nose or nasal congestion without other known cause
- Or other potential symptoms (a complete list available on the government of Canada website)
3. Have you traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
We are asking our instructors the same questions before each student and are enforcing personal protective equipment which includes a mask and face shield while in vehicle.
ALL STUDENTS ARE ASKED TO WEAR A MASK, in class and in car for their lessons.
Students will be provided with hand sanitizer upon entry and will be asked to maintain social distancing.
Instructors are enforcing strict cleaning guidelines and so we are not able to see as many students per day so please be kind and patient as we schedule you in as best as possible. Cars and classes are cleaned before and after each session to ensure safety for all.
Report any symptoms to First Class Driving School Inc. – Karmela Krivosija immediately.
Instructors must ensure:
- That only one student is in the vehicle at a time
- Wear a face covering at all times when in the instruction vehicle
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including a surgical/procedure mask and eye protection (goggles or face shield) while delivering the in-vehicle training lesson
- Containers are available for disposal of used masks or face covering and cleaning supplies are always available
- Ensure vehicle is always equipped with hand sanitizer, wipes, disinfectant spray
- Keep windows open while driving when it is safe to do so, to provide ventilation
Avoid touching any surfaces the student may have touched
- If in order to demonstrate driving techniques, you touch anything that the student may have come into contact with, those surfaces and objects should be disinfected immediately, and you should use hand sanitizer.
If you have any questions about our policies and guidelines we hope you will reach out as we happy to answer any questions you may have.